Cairns Security Cameras FAQ
Do I need any extra equipment for my security cameras
When purchasing your security cameras to protect your Cairns home or business, there are a few other imporant items to consider:
- You’ll need to be connected to the internet, or wifi at the very least to get the most out of your Cairns security cameras.
- Consider a cloud host for storing all your security camera footage. This is the safest and most effective way to store data as cloud storage is safe and can store large amounts of data. Contact the Cooper Norman team for more information about cloud storage.
- An SD card will enable you to access footage from your security cameras directly. The larger the capacity, the more footage can be stored with higher resolution.
- Finally, a medium with which to monitor your Cairns security cameras will be required. These are either a:
- Mobile device
Where should I place my Cairns security cameras
We recommend that we place your CCTV cameras at or near the main access points. You’ll also want to see along the side of your property where window access is possible, generally on the ground level if no other access is provided to upper levels.
Of course, you may wish to place your Cairns security cameras inside your home or business too.
Your security cameras need to be well placed to capture quality footage of:
- Offenders (face recordings are preferred if possible)
- Vehicles (slow pass-bys prior to entry)
- General public making lawful entry (business/social)
- Monitoring of pets
- Monitoring of infants
- general movement in and around the property
Can I access my Cairns security cameras remotely
Sure, we can install security cameras that can be monitored by you on your computer, tablet of mobile device. All you’ll need is a high speed internet connection at the same location as your CCTV cameras.
What's best, full time or motion detection recording
There are generally a few ways we can set your Cairns security cameras up for recording. These are:
- Motion detection
- Full time recording
- Scheduled recording
In most situations, motion detection is the best method of setting up your CCTV system. You’ll only need to look through short peices if data if needed, not spend hours looking for that needle in a haystack.